And the party just got over! Oscars might be regarded as the highest achievement in film-making, it is also the most glamorous night of the year. Fashion police have their eyes fixed on those oh-so-gorgeous gowns. Oscars is the best of haute couture. The 87th Academy Awards witnessed the best couture gowns and what not. Here is a list of the best looks from the big night-
1. Jennifer Lopez in this fairylike Elie Saab Haute Couture gown stole the show. The peach heavy tulle gown with embellishments made her look like an angel. She ain’t ‘Jenny from the block’. She’s an angel. The sleek ponytail with loose waves, minimal accessories and a pink lip made the look complete.
2. The second most loved look has to be Emma Watson’s custom Elie Saab Haute Couture gown. The thigh high slit added to the sensuality of this backless gown. The surreal green color complimented her skin tone. And them waves we love babe!
3. Jennifer Aniston chose the mighty Versace for the big night. Her fully beaded nude gown from the Spring 2015 Atelier Versace rose the temperature of Los Angeles! Her effortless waves added more sensuality to the look.
4. Best actor female nominee Rosamund Pike didn’t win the prestigious award, but she sure won our hearts. That bright red strapless Givenchy gown with a slit made her look like a goddess.
5. Oscar nominee Meryl Streep walked the red carpet in an elegant custom Lanvin tuxedo. And there was nothing more beautiful than that belt she was wearing.
6. Rita Ora stunned everybody in a gorgeous custom Marchesa gown. That satin gown with an interesting bustier and long train made sure to put her in the top spot of best red carpet looks. Her pixie look didn’t only make her look edgy but chic.
7. Keira Knightely walked the red carpet in Valentino Haute Couture spring summer 2015. There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant lady and this dreamy gown proved it. Her look wasn’t only effortless but also red carpet worthy.
8. The big winner of the night, Julliane Moore not only won our hearts with a touching acceptance speech, she also made her mark at the red carpet in a stunning Chanel Haute Couture gown. Pearls are reigning. And that Fred Leighton jewellery people!!
9. Talking of pearls, there was nothing more surreal as Lupita Nyongo’s breathtaking custom Calvin Klein gown. Rumour has it that there were approximately 6,000 pearls studded in that gown. Howzzat!
10. Fifty Shades of Grey is the ruling the world right now. Its female lead Dakota Johnson wore Yves Saint Laurent one shoulder gown in the color red. She simply blew our minds with her beauty and of course that Forevermark Diamonds jewellery.
11. Is Nicole Kidman the prettiest woman alive or what? This lady is getting prettier as she is ageing. Kidman wore a Louis Vuitton gown which had this red belt at the waist that accentuated her hot-bod.
12. Gwyneth Paltrow wore a Ralph & Russo Haute Couture spring summer 2015 gown. As if the color wasn’t enough to make us drool, the gown has an ethereal rose on the left shoulder. One word- AMAZING!