It has been a little more than two weeks since I moved to Bangalore and I still can’t adjust to the fact that I have left home… Each second reminds me of the trauma of surviving another nine months in this monstrous city. There’s only one thing that’s on my mind 24/7- I’M HOMESICK!!!!
So, what do I really miss about Ludhiana? Jotting down some of the reasons..
- MUM!! Obviously. She’s the love of my life. And all I can think about in this filthy place is about her. I have been sick for about a week and I don’t wanna go to the doctor because I’ve never been to one without mum by my side.. I miss having my evening tea with her.. I miss her knocking at my door, asking me to eat this or that.. I miss listening to old Bollywood songs with her.. I miss opening my heart out to her. Though, I still tell her every single thing that happens with me in Bangalore, but it is not the same. I want her to be with me…
- My dad, brother, nana, nani and all the other family members. One phone call and my dad would come rushing from the office to take me to some boutique or to shopping. One word and my brother would start the car and take me to long, meaningless drives. Those evening sessions with my nana where he would tell me about how his life turned out to be and how it would have been if he would’ve taken some other decisions. Those innumerable chats with my nani about her neighbor Bhalli (lol!). Her constant bickering about how she finds it hard to make dinner and all.
- My room. Every time I Skype at home, I ask everybody to show me my room. It was the most well-organised thing of my life. Each and everything kept at its right place, every piece of furniture well dusted, a book and my laptop lying on my bed 24/7. I miss those days.
- Asiana and Royal boutique. I have come to know the importance of these two, very integral parts of my life in these tormentous two weeks. Asiana boutique would design all my party dresses, impeccably. Whereas, Royal boutique would alter all the stuff I bought online.
- Online shopping. The moment I got dongle here, the second thing I did was go on to all the e-commerce websites and browse all the stuff that I used to buy. And they’ve got such hot winter stuff now!! I wanna cry!!
- PVR. I’ll be watching Bajirao Mastani and Airlift in Bangalore and not in PVR Flames or PVR Silver Arc 😦 I used to get very homely feel there. And here!! Disaster!!!
- As a matter of fact, I miss all the doctors I’ve ever been to in Ludhiana. I get very comfortable to the ones I go to, regularly. And here, I am scared. I miss Pancham hospital, the nearest one from my home.
- I miss Amritsar. I know it has nothing to do with Ludhiana, but earlier I could visit it whenever I wanted to. I dream about Amritsar… That’s the least I can say.
- I miss Pakhowal road, Ferozepur road, Model town, Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi and blah blah blah!! In short, I miss every inch of Ludhiana!!!
- Here, in Bangalore, wherever I go I see people smoking in public places. I think in a short span, my lungs will develop cancer! Ludhiana was decent when it came to this respect. You could spot smokers, but only a tiny bit of em!
- Travelling in buses and by foot has beaten the shit outta me!!! In coming days, I’ll become invisible if I keep on walking on these Bangalore roads!!! I miss my Activa and my car 😦 As my sister said, I am experiencing how a common man lives his life in India. My heart goes out to all those who live like this!!!
- I miss aloo and gobi ke paranthe!!! I miss sarson ka saag and makki ki roti!!! I miss the sambar-chawal my mum used to cook!! The food here is pathetic!!! I can’t find any paranthas here 😦 I miss makhan and ghee!! God!!! I miss Punjab!!!
Well, well, well!! This is what it is now! I’ve got to live like this for a long time, without the luxuries of Ludhiana. And by the way, I can very proudly say that Bangalore is nothing in front of Ludhiana!! And I am not being biased. No! Bangalore is beep beep beep!!