Before I start with the post, I want to thank all who appreciated my efforts put into my post ‘Know Your Neighbor- Pakistan‘. I’m so grateful for all the love and support on a topic which is very close to my heart. Enjoy this post, which reveals my true self. Meanwhile, I’m working on another special post.
Leibster award has been created to give a platform to new bloggers who are trying to emanate their ideas into the world. It is an absolute pleasure to be nominated for this award by a very talented and one of my favorite bloggers, Jesse Villareal. He, being a young and bright blogger, has become an inspiration for me. I love his work, especially his poems which are truly exceptional.
– What book (or movie) best describes you?
When I was in high school, a Bollywood movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, released. Whoever watched that movie, started calling me Aditi, the female lead in the movie. The reason they used to give me was that I’m a jungli billi ( a wild cat) just like Aditi. So yeah, even I can relate well to that character. Truly wild, and by wild I mean violent and loud. Her character truly resonates my personality.
– List 3 songs that you would put on a mixtape?
If you talk about the recent ones, then I would put-
- Good for you by Selena Gomez. (extremely seductive)
- American Oxygen by Rihanna.
- Bad Blood by Taylor Swift.
But if you talk about the old ones (not really old), then-
- XO by Beyonce.
- Elastic Heart by Sia.
- Love me like you do by Ellie Golding. (My all-time favorite)
– The city or country? Why?
It may sound a bit weird, but I am fascinated by two countries, Afghanistan and Pakistan. I’ve heard so much about Afghanistan, and especially after reading Hosseini’s novels, I’ve fallen in love with this country. And for Pakistan, it’s very personal. It is very close to my heart and will always remain so. My heart resides in that country.
– What time period would you like to live in?
Pre-Independence era. And maybe the 50s. My grandfather had told me so many stories about that era that I just wanna go back. I really wish there was a time machine. I just love the simplicity of that era, the food, the people, everything! And the best part was that it was away from the vanity of the modern era. No technology to eat up our precious time.
– What quote do you live by?
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background or his religion. People learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.“- Nelson Mandela. I swear by this quote. It has so much optimism in it. The idea of love, peace and humanity, just gushes out of this quote.
– What came first the chicken or the egg?
Why is this question here, by the way?
– Would you believe in a love at first sight?
Nah.. I’m such a bad judge of character. Even after spending more than three years with a person, I cannot tell whether he is true to me or not. Then the question of love at first sight, NEVER!!
– What do you see when you turn out the lights?
GHOSTS!! First, I never turn out the lights. Secondly, if I ever have to be in the room with the lights turned off, I scream. Because I’m very scared of the dark!
– Do you need anybody?
It doesn’t matter. Because, that person should need me first. And I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Though, Salman Khan or Akshay Kumar would do!
– Could it be anybody?
NOBODY! I just hate getting hurt. And that is what happens each time.
– What is your “what if…”?
My “what if..”? What if I wasn’t such a weak person?
My questions to you-
- Who is your inspiration?
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- What did you do today that your’e proud of?
- What is your vision in life?
- Why blogging?
- Is democracy a good thing? Why?
- What is the solution of all the wars going on in the world?
- What or who do you love the most?
- Technology OR no technology?
- Summers OR winters?
- Why is the purpose of human life?